One of the most difficult situations to deal with is when the person we are dating decides to tell us that he wants to end the relationship.
As we never thought that this moment would come or happen, we were completely groundless and without reaction on how to act in that situation.
Especially when you're not very experienced in relationships. But don't worry, we have a guide to help you deal with those he broke up with me situations.
He broke up with me how should I act
When he's done with you, The first thing you should do is stay calm and not show that you are down with the situation, that is, act calmly and don't talk too much at the moment.
In the heat of the moment, you are likely to say something you will later regret. Keep your words to a minimum, as you will have opportunities to ask questions at another time.
Don't beg him to take you back. The more you beg, it will only get worse and you will look desperate. Respect his decision above all else.
Things you can answer if you still want him;
- “I heard everything you said. If you want me to change my behavior, I'm ready for that. But if you've decided to move forward, I'll respect your decision. I'm sure you've thought it through and chosen what's best for you.”
- "I do not know what to say. I wish you could think about it again. Maybe we can work things out. But if you're set on it, I understand. It's hard to let you go. I wish you the best.”
We know how painful it is when a guy suddenly dumps you, but you need to take care of yourself as best you can. See below how to act in this situation.
1. Be grateful (if possible).
Right now, you're probably really hurting, so it can be hard to try and say nice things right now.
But thanking him first is a sign of maturity, you can say or send a message saying:
- I'm sorry you made that decision, if I did something that hurt you, I apologize. Thanks for all the good times we had. I love you
- This makes me very sad, but I respect your decision. I'm grateful for everything we've had together and I wish you all the best.
- I know we had issues and I thought we were working on them. I still think we could have a good future together, but I understand that you don't see things the same way.
Hug him and say goodbye. Then as soon as you get home you can fall into bed and start crying.
2. Can I get a second chance?
If you still like him and want him back, you can ask for a second chance to work things out. Even if he denies it, you don't have that weight on your conscience.
If you know you haven't been behaving like you should and you don't want to lose him, asking is always a great idea.
If they say no, you'll know you need to move on. If they say yes, you'll know which direction to take the conversation.
3. Don't try to force them to stay with you.
Firstly, it will not work and will only make the situation worse. Second, you can't force someone to do something they don't want to do.
Trying to get him to stay with you will only make you look desperate and make him want to leave even more.
4. Don't overthink it.
When a man suddenly dumps you, never let the memories of the entire relationship overwhelm you.
When your boyfriend breaks up with you, try not to overthink the moment, don't be in a hurry to talk, he won't flee the country.
Now you know how to act when "He broke up with me, how should I act", with the help of our complete guide today.